Chewy, Inc. (NYSE: CHWY) (“Chewy”), a trusted online destination for pet parents, has stated its fiscal results for the 2nd-quarter of financial year 2k19 finished August 4, 2k19.
Fiscal Q2 2k19 Highlights:
- Net sales of $1.150B grew 43.00% year-over-year
- Gross margin of 23.60% expanded 300 basis points year-over-year
- Net loss of $82.90M, counting a non-cash share-based compensation charge of $43.80M
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) loss of $29.20M improved 45.00% year-over-year
- Adjusted EBITDA margin(1) of (2.50)% expanded 410 basis points year-over-year
“We are happy to report strong 2nd-quarter 2k19 results with net sales growing 43.00% year-over-year, and gross margin increasing 300 basis points over the similar time horizon,” said Sumit Singh, Chief Executive Officer of Chewy. “Keeping the customer at the center of everything we do is core to our mission of becoming the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents, and the team continues to execute well against our strategy of long-term, sustainable development and margin expansion.”